You count 1, 2, 3 … Unfortunately, counting sheep doesn’t always work if you have trouble falling asleep. Once your head starts playing tricks on you, it can sometimes take hours to calm down. What do you have to do in the office tomorrow? Why did you say that one stupid sentence the other day?
It is therefore tempting to take pills – which often help sleep, but can also make you addicted. Therefore, natural methods are clearly a better alternative. One of them is the Japanese breathing exercise called Moon Breathing.
How Moon Breathing will help you fall asleep?
The point is to only breathe in through the left nostril because the left side of the body is associated with the nervous system. Moon Breathing is supposed to calm the nerves, stop racing thoughts and help you sleep.
You can do this short breathing exercise anytime and anywhere:
- Either sit upright or lie down, whichever you prefer.
- Close your eyes and relax your eyelids. Imagine your eyeballs are swimming in cool water.
- Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
- Relax your index and middle fingers in the palm of your hand, stretching out your ring finger and little finger.
- Inhale through your left nostril, close it with the ring and little finger of your right hand while lifting your thumb up and exhaling through your right nostril.
- Make sure you are breathing relaxed and repeat the exercise for a few minutes until your breathing is calm and you feel more relaxed.
- Your brain no longer runs at full speed and you fall asleep more easily.